Arranging Your Surgery
When the Swor Women’s Care treatment plan calls for scheduling surgery, you will be given a brief overview of the process and treatment outline. Our surgical coordinator will work with you to set a date, time and facility for your procedure. You will then be given an informational packet with all your details regarding your upcoming surgery. Any necessary pre-testing will be arranged through our office, the lab, and the surgical facility or outside imaging center. This will all be coordinated with your insurance company and a financial overview will be discussed prior to your surgery. We will arrange a pre-operative consultation visit in the week before your surgery where a surgical consent will be obtained and a detailed description of the procedure will be provided. We have listed links below that will enable you to review the pre-op and post-op instructions for your surgery. We encourage you to ask any questions regarding your condition or planned procedure at the time of your pre-operative consultation. Please click on the facility link below for more information regarding the facility where your procedure will be performed.
Where We Have Privileges
Dr. Swor and Dr. KASH are affiliated with four of the area’s top hospitals and surgery centers. We will work with you to help you choose the best facility for your procedure based on insurance coverage, cost, availability, location and your preference.
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital (ranked #2 in Florida for gyn care 2012)
- Cape Surgery Center (outpatient affiliate of Sarasota Memorial)
- Doctor’s Hospital of Sarasota
- Doctor’s Same Day
SWC Laparoscopic Surgery “Firsts” in Sarasota
- Myomectomy (fibroid removal)
- LASH laparoscopic removal of only the diseased portion of the uterus
- Laser surgery for endometriosis
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Tubal reanastomosis (repair of tubal ligation)
- Davinci Robotic pelvic floor repair
Click for information regarding daVinci robotic gyn surgery. Dr. Swor was one of the original robotic surgeons and has been successfully using this technology since 2006.
No matter what kind of procedure you are having, we want you to be well-informed. This section provides information to help you prepare for your surgery and answer common questions.
PRE-OP Surgical Instructions
POST-OP Surgical Instructions
- Hysteroscopy/ D&C Post-Op Instructions
- Laparoscopic Post-Op Instructions
- Instructions For Pelvic Repair, After Vaginal Repair or Surgery for Incontinence
- Post-Op Instructions for Major Outpatient Surgeries
- Post-Op Instruction For Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Bladder Sling Post Op Instructions
- Vulvar Post-Op Instructions