Advice for patients before their visit:
1. Use the patient portal for efficient, private and secure contact with the office staff and provider.
2. Organize your medical history including all diagnoses, treatments, surgeries, medications and allergies or drug reactions.
3. List any problems or symtoms and how long you have had each one and what makes it better or worse.
4. List all medications and supplements, prescription or non-prescription
5. If there are multiple issues, plan to focus on the most important and plan additional visits to deal with other problems.
6. Keep the focus on current issues- not past problems that are not relevant to this visit.
7. Listen carefully and take notes- make sure you understand the plan.